Wednesday, November 16, 2016

IRB Intro #2 - How to Read and Why (Harold Bloom)

For the second marking period, I will read "How to Read and Why" because I do not know how to read. Just kidding.

Harold Bloom, the author, takes the reader through different types of texts, highlights some of the world’s most famous pieces, and challenges the reader to pursue literature with a purpose. He urges his readers to try and find themselves through language and literature. The back cover immediately asks the question, "Information is endlessly available to us; where shall wisdom be found?" This is a fascinating question to me, and I hope Bloom gives his opinion throughout the text. I find that this question is becoming more and more relevant as technology improves.


Overall, I am excited to start reading the book. I am interested in reading and writing I have never heard of (or at least read) a text about a subject like this. Hopefully it can help me find myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment